In common with all incorporated societies in New Zealand, the Club has several important documents which members must be familiar with. The rules documents can be downloaded here.
Trentham Flying Field – Trentham Range
Basic Rules for Trentham
- Do Not enter the range when the Red Flag is flying
- Do Not enter the range when WMAC does not have the range booked – see the calendar
- Keep the road clear for other range users to pass – Army, Police etc.
- Do not drive or park on the shooting mounds
- Do not fly over the Prison or Army Camp
Picking up the Range Key – Please see note below.
- First you must be a financial, senior, family or associate member with a wings qualification – the key will not be issued unless you meet these two criteria.
- Park near Trentham Camp Duty Complex (outside the barrier)
- Ask for the WMAC Seddon Range key
- Fill out sheet as requested – you must put your MFNZ number on the sheet
- Show I.D if asked
- Write your name and cellphone number on the Seddon Range whiteboard in Office. (the Guard will show you where)
- Don’t forget to alter the signboard out front to show Seddon Range “in use”
- Drive to, unlock and open the Seddon Range gate, locking the padlock on the gate
- Keep the radio within earshot of flyers – so you can hear it if the Duty Complex need to contact the range
- You may be asked for ID
- Don’t put the radio in the key box – it damages the expensive antenna
Returning the Range Key
- The last person on the Range is responsible for locking up
- Check windows and lock the Clubhouse
- Shut the gate by the mower shed
- Make sure no one left on range
- Pick up the key box and radio
- Drive to and lock Seddon Range gate
- Drive to Duty Complex
- Don’t forget to alter signboard out front to show Seddon Range “not in use”
- Return key box with keys inside and radio, sign sheet and make sure guard signs sheet too
- Erase name and cellphone number from Seddon Range whiteboard
- If there is a problem ring Leo 0274441233
- For our continued access to Seddon Range these procedures must be strictly adhered to