Welcome to the WMAC Web Site and RC Flying
Visitors from other Club’s Welcome.
Next Club Meeting: WMAC Annual Auction Night – Wednesday 31th July 2019
The Annual Club Auction will be held at the Belmont Memorial Hall, starting at 8.00pm. Click here for a map showing the location of the hall.
IF YOU’VE GOT STUFF TO AUCTION PLEASE PRE-REGISTER IT NOW – OR YOU WILL MISS OUT
For Items to be Pre-registration please Click HERE to down load the form, and you can send in more than one form if you discover more stuff later!! Completed form should be emailed to the WMAC: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.00pm 30th July 2019.
To View PRE-REGISTER items Click here
The rules that you need to be aware of.
1. All auction lots must be pre-registered by 8:00pm on Tuesday 30 July. Unregistered items brought along on the night will not be listed in the auction. Items registered after that cut off may or may not get included in the auction.
2. All bidders must be pre-registered and in possession of a unique Bidder’s Number.
All financial WMAC members have already been registered and assigned a Bidder’s Number. However, you must pick up you ‘Bidder’s Paddle’ from the table at the door on the night.
3. All visitors must have registered by 7:45pm on the night of the auction.
This can be done by either sending an email to email@example.com or arriving early on the night of the auction and registering at the table at the door.
Please include your full Name, Address and Contact number when you register by email.
4. The Auction will commence at 8:00pm on the dot. Hence the need to pre-register both auction lots and bidders.
5. Based on previous experience, we have established a formula for deriving a Reserve Price.
Reserve Price = Current Market Value x 40%. less further deductions for condition.
Thus the reserve for an item in good condition currently selling elsewhere for $100 will be $40.
It is recommended but not compulsory to use this formula if you wish to list an item with a reserve. However, unlike previous years, bidding will start at the reserve price for the items listed with a reserve, if no bids are received within 15 seconds the item will be passed in. Thus if you are setting a reserve please be realistic.
6. For items that don’t sell at the auction, WMAC will be holding a Bring and Buy sale during the September Club night. This will allow sellers and buyers an opportunity to negotiate a mutually agreeable price.
7. All items are on a “cash and carry” basis, with sellers being paid out on the night. (NO EFTPOS)
8. The auctioneer’s hammer fall is final!
Come to the Auction, and join us for a fun evening!!
Here you will find information about our club, activities, how to get started with model aircraft, and more.
The Club enjoys a strong following of more than one hundred members who fly radio-controlled planes, gliders (slope and thermal soaring), helicopters, as well as a small group of dedicated free flight and control-line enthusiasts, and a growing number of multi-rotor pilots. Competitions in various model classes such as aerobatics, scale, pylon, and vintage are held throughout the year.
A warm welcome is extended to past, present and potential members. Please come to our next monthly club meeting (everyone is welcome at our club meetings, whether you are a member or not), or visit one of our flying fields, to meet us and learn more about how you can learn to fly.
Thanks for visiting our website, we hope to see you again soon!